Would you like to help the Club and are interested in an active role within it?
Lisa Watson will be stepping down from the post of Club Welfare Officer, a post she has held for approximately 7 years! We are therefore looking for someone to take over from Lisa and join the Team at Consett ASC.
The Role and Personal Specification
– is able to act independently and in best interests of the child
– holds no other position on the Club Committee, to remain impartial, but does sit on the committee to update and advise on Safeguarding issues (with no voting rights)
– is not a teacher or coach within the Club
– is not related to anyone in either positions above
– is able to attend the Club frequently
– is prepared to undergo training required (see below) and can satisfy the knowledge and core skills for the role
– raise awareness of and implement Swim England’s WavePower (a full copy is available on the website)
– to be the first point of contact for any issues concerning child welfare
– to act independently and in best interests of any child at the Club
– arrange DBS checks (very easy and quick process)
– book volunteers onto safeguarding courses
– sit on the committee to advise on child safeguarding issues (approx every 6 weeks)
– to ensure confidentiality is maintained and information only shared on a ‘need – to – know’ basis
1 Safeguarding and Protecting Children
Swim England’s Safeguarding CPD is bespoke and reflects the needs of a pool environment. The course will help you to understand:
- What child safeguarding and child protection means
- Key government legislation in relation to safeguarding and protecting children
- Swim England’s safeguarding policies and procedures
- The types, signs and symptoms of child abuse
- How to respond to possible signs of child abuse and take appropriate action if concerns arise
This course is currently being run as a webinar, duration is approximately 3 hours.
2 Time to Listen
The Time to Listen programme provides the opportunity to acquire key knowledge necessary for the role and responsibilities of a CWO, to adopt a child-focused approach to safeguarding and to learn about the action/s which should be taken should any incident occur. Currently this is being run as a webinar, duration approximately 3 hours.
If you would like to express your interest in this role, or for more information, please email the Club Secretary by clicking here.
Consett ASC Committee