GDPR replaced the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) on 25th May 2018.
The eight principles of the Data Protection Act are:
1. Fair and lawful processing of personal data
2. Processed for specified, lawful and compatible purposes
3. Adequate, relevant and not excessive
4. Accurate and up to date
5. Not kept for longer than necessary
6. Processed in accordance with the rights of the individual
7. Processed with appropriate security.
8. Not transferred outside the European Economic Area without adequate protection.
GDPR requires more active consent to support lawful processing of personal data; wherever consent is required for data to be processed, consent must be explicit, rather than implied.
The following people may see your data: Head Coach, Coaching Staff, Welfare Officer, Committee Members including Chair, Club Secretary, Competition Secretary, Membership Secretary, Treasurer.
The data we collect:
• Residential address
• Telephone numbers
• Date of birth
• Emergency contact details, including next of kin
• Medical and health information
• Transactional financial details
• Notes and emails
• Performance, attendance and event data
• Qualifications, certificates and relevant course attendance details
• Disclosure and Barring reports
Consett Amateur Swimming Club uses this data to:
• Meet legal obligations such as reporting and investigations under the ASA Wavepower Child safeguarding policy and procedures
• Collate internal records
• Advise you of club events, activities and galas via text, email and phone
• Process competition entries
• Process relevant memberships with ASA / Swim England
• Process performance data
• Process your membership with Swim England and meet their accreditation requirements
• Contact you in response to an enquiry
• Contact you in case of an emergency
• In connection with any request or enquiry you make, your information will be passed to the relevant club contact
• In connection with any membership application you make your information will be passed to Swim England using their ASA Online Membership system
Consett Amateur Swimming Club will not disclose any personal information we collect about you to a third party without your consent.
If you do NOT CONSENT to your personal data being processed in line with the Consett Amateur Swimming Club GDPR Policy, your data will be deleted, in line with your “Right to be Forgotten” and you will be unable to be a member of Consett Amateur Swimming Club.
Consett Amateur Swimming Club will process personal data during the duration of your membership after which your data will be deleted. Consett Amateur Swimming Club will continue to store only the personal data needed to meet any legal or Swim England obligations and will continue to store individual’s performance data which form part of the Club’s competitive records.
In relation to the personal data that Consett Amateur Swimming Club hold, you have the following rights:
• The Right to be Forgotten. You can ask for the data we hold about you to be deleted (under these circumstances and we will continue to store only the personal data needed to ensure the safeguarding of children, any legal obligations or to comply with Swim England requirements defending a legal claim, such as accident records).
• The Right of Access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that Consett Amateur Swimming Club holds about you.
• The Right of Rectification – you have a right to correct data that Consett Amateur Swimming Club holds about you, which is incomplete or inaccurate.
• The Right to Restriction of Processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
• The Right of Portability – you have the right to have the data Consett Amateur Swimming Club hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• The Right to Object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing (direct marketing for example).
To access Personal data identification will be required. Requests should be made to Consett Amateur Swimming Club by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consett Amateur Swimming Club accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
• A copy of your passport.
• Driving licence.
• Birth certificate.
• Current utility bill not older than three months (for your registered address).
• A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required.
If Consett Amateur Swimming Club is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
If you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by Consett Amateur Swimming Club, you have the right to complain. Please put this in writing to Mrs Georgina Cowling, Secretary, Consett Amateur Swimming Club email@example.com. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you have the right to complain to the ICO. ICO Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF Telephone 0303 123 1113.